Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rain ......Not again

Mann how could I describe the day in one word? Rain! Thats it.

No, it didn't rain all day, but so far its definitely been the dominant feature... The day started out seeming to be another of our hot days, so much so that I was planning to go running today.

I left work to pick up my nephew and as I turned unto the road that his school is on..it began to drizzle. I put him in the car and drove out through the gates and the heavens opened!

Trust me, rain! Heavy, blinding rain. Lightening! Lots of lightening! Thunder! It sounded like a barrage of cannon..lol.

During one particular broadside, I actually ducked, because the lightening seemed to flash immediately in front of me, searing my eyes.......and the crack of thunder was nearly the same.

The problem with rain in here is not that it is heavy or blinding. It is the effect it has on traffic.In addition to that fact, consider that all the roads which were built since the English granted us independence were built without drains..I dunno y..May be the drains was not considered as a necessity. When it rains, therefore, all roads become rivers. Raging torrents, some of them. Luckily for me the Reddish sweetie can swim. ..lol..But these rivers slow up traffic forever. Then they have the people with cars which were never taught to swim. They can slow traffic down a lot as well.

Anyway, a so it go. Sometimes its rain, sometimes sun. The rain sometimes provides a bit of humour too.....When I finally got back to work, I saw a friend, Sen, who works in an Insurance company. He was waiting in the parking lot for a woman that was travelling back to his office with him, and I stopped to say hi. After we chatted a bit, he burst out with "Where is that girl, man? You know how long I'm waiting?" So I said to him "Women have something in common with the rain, you know... Both of them keep you waiting around on them."

He grinned immediately and came back with "Yeah, they both keep you waiting, and they both can get you wet!" and he said it really quickly, which I thought was pretty sharp, don't you?

No comments: