Monday, August 6, 2007

Right to Information Act,2005 - Really a Boon!

Hi guyz.. Ever heard of the “Right to Information Act,2005”. Well under this ACT u have the right to obtain any kind of information from any govt. office or department. if there is no reply from the person u seeking information from within 30 days then that asshole will have to pay a fine of Rs. 25,000/-. Isn't dat gr8...just hatts off to the govt. who proposed it . I dunno whether it's BJP or the CONgress. Do temme if anyone knowz. feelin a bit lazy in finding it out.lol.

I personally believe its a boon to the deprived people of the society living in this corrupted atmosphere who juss cant afford to push their file from one office to another n keeps hoping n hoping..n finally their hope dies or they die. But the file doesn't moves an inch.

Well we used to talk abt this act almost everday but I never got the chance to really apply to chck its worth. Finally I made up my mind … n the result I got was amazing. Few days back I wrote an application to the Dy. commissioner seeking information on the “NOC” issue. Actually many gas station owners get unnecessarily harassed by the officials on the same issue. n they end up bribing them cuz they are unaware abt the NOC procedure.. N the officials keep fooling them. So I thought y not try it under the RTI act for obtaining the information. Well here’s the application n you can also check the format if you are abt to apply.

To
The Public Information Officer,
Under the RTI Act, 2005
Office of the Dy.Commissioner(DC)
******(District)
Date : 2/08/2007

Sub: Application under Sec.6 of the Right to Information Act.

Sir,
I want to have information/answers to the below noted queries.

1. Is there any validity period for the "No Objection Certificate"(NOC) once issued by the District Administration and waiting for approval from your side, for the installation of Petrol Pumps/Retail Outlets of Oil companies?

2. If there is any certain time limit then why it is not mentioned in the NOC itself and in any other relevant documents while issuing?

3. Under what rule & circular the revalidation of the NOC is being demanded when the expiry term is nowhere mentioned in the NOC and and in any other issued papers?

4. Does the validity period of such NOC, if any, differ from State to State? If yes then why?

5. In case the commissioning of the petrol Pump gets delayed for some reason like construction work etc., then will it be a compulsion to revalidate the NOC?

I am enclosing herewith a Postal order of Rs. 20/- favouring the Public Information Officer of your office for furnishing the information.

Yours faithfully,

Name/Add/Ph no.

N can u believe this..On 4th only I got a call from the Public Information Officer enquiring whther I wanted the information verbally or in writing ..He then confirmed me dat the application has been forwarded to the Dy. Commissioner office and assured me dat I’ll get the reply within a week or two.Yaaron Sun ke bus maza hi aa gaya.

Well..I’ll keep updating u abt the matter on the comments section of this post.So keep checking.


Know in depth abt the RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT,2005

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Manmohan Sh. proposed it and under Sonia's govt it originally came into being.
I agree its really a boon not only for such people but for the whole nation in getting a clean govt.

Anonymous said...

Its surely changing the Face of the country.
Informative post though. Keep blogging.
Add more on current affairs.